Dr. Christine Chen graduated from Taipei Medical University with Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy. She received the Pharmacist licence in Taiwan in the same year she graduated. She continued her study at the University of Wisconsin in pursuit of a Master degree in Nutrition. After 14 years of working in the pharmaceutical and nutrition supplement industry and as a clinical health counsellor, Dr. Chen decided to begin her Naturopathic Doctorate Degree at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in BC, Canada and she received her ND license and prescription right two months after she graduated.
Dr. Chen had worked as health counsellor to help hundreds people regain their health, for more than 2 decades. Dr. Chen’s practice focuses on metabolic symptoms, such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, digestive complications, autoimmune, hormone issues such as hyper-/hypo-thyroidism, PCOS, menopause symptoms and weight control. Dr. Chen also participated a research project and treatment protocol development for Autism and ADHD. To be a mother, Dr. Chen is also enthusiastic in children's health and development.
With both allopathic and naturopathic backgrounds, Dr. Chen uses naturopathic medicine, such as botanical medicine, homeopathic remedies, acupuncture, Chinese herbal formula and nutrition as a primary treatment principle in her practice. For difficult control or acute illness, Dr. Chen combines prescription and naturopathic treatment to boost the treatment result and minimize the side effect from synthetic medication treatment.
Dr. Chen is a member of College of Naturopathic Physicians of BC (CNPBC), British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA) and the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND). Beside complete the basic medical training from school, Dr. Chen also took extra specialty trainings and gained certificate and licenses:
Licensure & Certificate:
- Licensed Naturopathic Physician in BC, Canada
- Certified in Intravenous (IV) Therapy
- Certified in Intravenous chelation Therapy (CNPBC)
- Certified in Prescription authority through the CNPBC
- Board Certified Aesthetic Procedures- Facial mesotherapy, fat reduction and body contouring using injection or other techniques & devices (CNPBC)
- Board Certified Aesthetic Procedures- Cosmetic Botullinium toxin & injectable filler. (CNPBC)
- Board Certified Acupuncture (CNPBC)
- Registered Pharmacist in Taiwan
- Certified Natural Product Advisor (CHFA)